Sunday, March 1, 2015

You Know When You're Jealous

You know you're the wife of a youth pastor when you are jealous that he is in church and you are not.

Today I'm jealous of my husband. 

I love church.  I love attending church! I love the people, the encouragement, the challenges, the worship...all of it!  I really don't like to miss church, but here I am. at home. missing church.  Why? Because I've got a child with a fever who needs to stay at home to heal and rest.
One thing I didn't ever consider is that when my husband and I would have a family--I would be the one to stay home every time a child got sick.  There are no taking turns. On a Sunday, I win every who-will-stay-home-with-the-sick-kid-this-time conversation.

I guess this is a good problem to have.  I'm thankful that church is a place I want to be. When I miss the fellowship of believers and community time with God, I'm at the same time thankful that I can care for my little ones...and am a little jealous of my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment