Monday, September 19, 2016

You Know When You Adult

You know you're the wife of a youth pastor when you go to an adult Sunday School class...for the second time since You were in highschool yourself!
A few years ago, I signed up for an Adult Sunday School elective class and I was absent from the High School class for about 8 weeks. It was my first time to be with peers in this setting since I was in higschool! It was refreshing, challenging and I really enjoyed my time reading, thinking and sharing thoughts through a book on missions.
A few weeks ago, I was asked by the leader if I would consider joining the elective class again--this time for a book on prayer. It had been a few years and he told me he appreciated what I brought to the discussion. 
I was excited to attend, but also torn to leave 'my girls' I see on Sunday Mornings.  After talking with Nathan, I decided to attend half-time for the next 13 weeks of the class.  This way I can keep a foot in both worlds.  Turns out, Nathan appreciates my comments and input in his class as well.  
I saw a few high-school ladies before Sunday School and I told them, "I won't be in Sunday School this morning, so if any of you get boyfriends between now and youth group tonight, you have to tell me."  Deal.  
I think it will be ok if I branch out for the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment